Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: What (goth) women want

What (goth) women want 3 years 11 months ago #2283

So pretty much everybody likes goth chicks. Whether they are your regular choice off the menu or an exotic dish that you would entertain only in your darkest fantasies.
What I want to know is what do the goth ladies like themselves. What do they look for in a guy? Does he have to be an androgynous goth dude that they can share their makeup with? Does he at least have to be a metal head with long hair and a wardrobe made for year round funerals or can it be just any old "normal" looking guy? Does he have to be macho or an emotional little snowflake? Can he be geeky or does he have to be too cool to care?
Like Benedict Cumberbatch in The Imitation Game, I want, no, scratch that, I need to crack that code and since there are a fair amount of ladies of the goth persuasion here on Althemy, I thought this would be as good a place as any to ask this question.
Don't ask me for a specific reason for asking this... We'll say I'm doing it for a friend ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What (goth) women want 3 years 11 months ago #2289

I will give you an advice:
Do not try to understand women, or try to know what they want.
We do not understand us or know what we want 70% of the time :evil:
On a serious note:
Be the best you can be for the girl you choose. Respect, communication and love are all that matters. If one does not want you, go to the nearest goth club and hunt down another one :D

What (goth) women want 3 years 11 months ago #2308

I will leave this here:
Women know in the first 5 minutes if they would sleep with a guy or not!

So, this is what goes trough our heads while looking at room full of men (girl being goth or not :D ):
Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, OH, HELL NO!, nope, nope, nope, THE SMELL FROM HELL, NO!, nope, nope, nope....
I will not be forgotten This is my time to shine I've got the scars to prove it
Only the strong survive
I'm not afraid of dying Everyone has their time Life never favored weakness
Welcome to the pride
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Jazzy.

What (goth) women want 3 years 11 months ago #2321

@Jazzy
Really? Not one yes in that sea of nopes? So in an average sample of 15 dudes there wouldn't be one acceptable guy? I know you girls have wildly different standards than us guys but isn't that a little harsh?
For the average guy it would be the complete opposite. In a room full of women our thoughts would be:
"I'd do her, I'd do her, I'd do her, I'D DEFINITIVELY TAP THAT ASS, I'd do her, I'd do her, I'd do her, meeeeeh not my type but I'd still do her, I'd do her, I'd do her with a bag over her head, I'd do her, I WOULD WORSHIP HER LIKE A GODDESS I'd do her, nope... well... maaaybe... no, no, I stand my my nope" :D
I'm not trying to be sleazy, I'm just calling it like it is :P This is the way the average guy thinks. I put the emphasis on average so I don't get a bunch of white knight douchebags saying "I don't think like that! I'm so enlightened that I don't care about a woman's appearance at all! I'd date a rhinoceros if it had a beautiful soul!"

@LadySelene
Your advice is indisputable. Even if it's a bit cliche, it's a cliche because it's correct. The problem is that it applies only after you've passed the first hurdle. The hurdle of being attractive/interesting/appealing enough so that the girl will give you the time of day and a chance to show how respectful, communication savvy and full of love you are.
Sure, what you said is all you need to worry about if you want to keep a girl but isn't really useful advice for getting a girl. You girls might not be as shallow and appearance focused as us guys, but you still won't talk to every Quasimodo who approaches you because, hey, he might be beautiful on the inside and a really good guy. Just like us, you still need that initial spark of attraction to get you going and to get you to give a guy a chance.

So maybe the question shouldn't be what goth chicks want in a romantic partner but what goth chicks find attractive in a guy.

What (goth) women want 3 years 11 months ago #2333

Girls are weird when it comes to what we find attractive in a guy... And for most of the time we can't explain it :D
Not even to ourselves :D
Best advice for getting a girl (not just got but any girl)
1) Have a lot of female friends, always be your best around them, never make a pass at them
2) Girls talk, your friends will introduce you to their friends
3) Now that you are in a female company, proceed with the advice No1 and at least one or two will find you attractive
5) Remember, girls talk!

What (goth) women want 3 years 11 months ago #2363

You want to find out something that professional stuff in white coats are exploring for over a century.
Take for example modern psychology, becouse im not very into goth anyway.

The sexual life of adult women is a ďdark continentĒ for psychology.
Sigmund Freud

It appears that gothic crazies are somewhat a perfect examples and who knows.
A prime womans, on dark continent B)

What (goth) women want 3 years 11 months ago #2454

@Tumang Wow, sexist much?! Sigmund Freud as a reference in 21st century?! Still thinking about women's skin-color as a fetish?!

What cave did you crawled out of?

What (goth) women want 3 years 11 months ago #2461

Goth goth goth :S all that black coating makes me dizzy here.
If steampunkers are notthing more than gothics that discovered brown color, how come there is no topic like this for us.?
Beside my bitching i can confirm that some goth lady friends of mine are completely opossite of what you claim here.
As for Sigmund, he is timeless in his teachings, so i dont see anything sexist about complex mind of ours.
I hope you can see the difference Feline :kiss:

What (goth) women want 3 years 11 months ago #2468

RustySkirt wrote:
As for Sigmund, he is timeless in his teachings

Ummm... no.
He is most definitively not timeless in his teachings.
You are aware that most of his theories and thoughts have been widely discredited and wouldn't be touched with a ten foot pole by any modern psychologist worth his salt, right?
Sure, some of the things he said still hold true, like the importance and role of the unconscious mind for example, but even those of his theories that might be considered valid today are chock full of mistakes and are usually written in a primitive way that could never stand in this day and age

What (goth) women want 3 years 11 months ago #2476

I know that some of his theories haven't aged well but isn't a lot of what he said about our way of growing up, our view of our parents, our view of our gender roles and our interpretation of dreams still relevant today?
I really can't claim to be an expert but that was what I have been lead to believe, please correct me if I'm wrong :)
  • Page: