Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is your favorite spiritual quote?

What is your favorite spiritual quote? 3 years 6 months ago #2683

So, what's you favorite spiritual or religious or whatever quote? It can be from anybody as long as it touches upon the human spirit and its nature or gives some insight into our souls :)
Some of my favorites are

"You will not be punished for your hate, you will be punished by your hate" - Buddha

"The mind is everything. What you think you become" - Buddha

"People say that what were all seeking is a meaning for life. I think what we are seeking is an experience of being alive.. actually feeling the rapture of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

"To ask for a purely intellectual proof of the existence of God is like asking for the privilege of being able to see with your ears" - Meher Baba
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is your favorite spiritual quote? 3 years 5 months ago #2689

When you've understood this scripture, throw it away. If you can't understand this scripture, throw it away. I insist on your freedom.
Jack Kerouac

Don't know if it count's as spiritual but this is one of my favorite quotes and one of the rare ones I try to learn by heart :)

What is your favorite spiritual quote? 3 years 5 months ago #2692

I'm not a particularly spiritual or religious man but I love these two quotes:

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods
and
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

Those sound like the words of some deeply spiritual man, right? Well, not really, the one who said them was Albert Einstein :P

What is your favorite spiritual quote? 3 years 5 months ago #2698

Quotes by scientists or atheist or whoever are just fine. Like I said, it doesn't need to be quotes by particularly spiritual people. A good quote has value no matter who said it, whether it was Buddha, Einstein or even someone anonymous tweeting something on the internet :P

What is your favorite spiritual quote? 3 years 5 months ago #2701

I like that anonymous one "Don't regret the things you did in life, regret the things you didn't do" or however it goes.
I know it's cliche af and maybe not that deep but I feel for me it stands true on so many levels :lol:

What is your favorite spiritual quote? 3 years 5 months ago #2715

Sometimes things are cliche for a reason... because they are true. What you wrote might be a cheap piece of wisdom but a lot of people find it to be very true. I know I've been living like that my whole adult life :P

What is your favorite spiritual quote? 3 years 5 months ago #2766

I heard a cool one that immediately made me think of this thread ;)

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience"
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

What is your favorite spiritual quote? 3 years 4 months ago #2779

Oooh I like it! I like it a lot! ;)
That's the kind of stuff I was hoping for :lol:

What is your favorite spiritual quote? 1 year 7 months ago #3101

Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone...
  • Page: