Welcome, Guest
As its name suggests, this is a very dark place. Continue at your own risk.

TOPIC: Movie scene of the day :)

Movie scene of the day :) 7 years 8 months ago #2870

You've probably already had people recommend this to you but I'm here to do it again :lol:

Watch Stranger Things! It's AWESOME!
It has a cool nostalgic 80's vibe, it has superpowers, it has a Cthulhu style monster (this isn't a spoiler people, it appears in the first few minutes :P ), it has nerdy kids playing D&D and it has a bitchin 80's soundtrack... Just watch it, you won't regret it ;)

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Movie scene of the day :) 7 years 8 months ago #2873

I've watched it, it's fantastic! :woohoo:
It reminds me of a Stephen King novel and like you said, it has an 80's sci-fi/horror movies vibe. Those movies where kids were the main protagonists fighting against some unspeakable evil :lol:
...and yeah, the soundtrack is amazing :lol:

Movie scene of the day :) 7 years 8 months ago #2881

Totally! It's totally like a Stephen King novel :woohoo: those were my exact thoughts. The whole way it's an event with far reaching implications but it's so localized at the same time. Even the terms they use... the upside down... that's like somthing right out of a Stephen King book :lol:

Movie scene of the day :) 7 years 8 months ago #2884

I read what you posted and started watching it and I have to say, it's pretty good so far. Just like you described it :lol:

If you liked that show you should watch the movie Super8. It has a similar setup and similar feel

Movie scene of the day :) 7 years 7 months ago #2897

Yup. watched Super 8 and it's awesome! I also instantly saw the parallels between that and Stranger Things :lol:

What I want to recommend watching is Preacher. It wrapped up it's first season just recently so I binge watched the whole thing and man was it awesome! Before I started watching it what I knew about it is that it was based on a comic book and what little was written on imdb (After a supernatural event at his church, a preacher enlists the help of a vampire to find God.). So, ok, it has a slightly bizarre if not silly premise (which is not strange for comic books ;) ) but I figured it's gonna be all dark and gritty and shit, what with a religious theme and vampires involved. I could not have been more wrong :lol:
I'm tempted to post a trailer for the show but, if you want to have the same WTF?!? reaction I had when I watched it, get into it with as little information as possible. I guarantee you it won't be what you are expecting! ;)

Movie scene of the day :) 7 years 7 months ago #2902

Preacher is the shit! Such an awesome show, I ain't even mad about the things they changed from the source material.
If you liked it that much I strongly recommend getting your hands on the comic book... It's even more insane and over the top :lol:

Movie scene of the day :) 7 years 7 months ago #2904

Cool recommendations! Thanks!
I'm posting this cause I felt like violence and high fashion :D