Welcome, Guest
As its name suggests, this is a very dark place. Continue at your own risk.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Valentine's

Valentine's 3 years 3 months ago #2046

Meh, I don't really get people who take valentines so seriously. Be it the ones who bitch and moan about it being a holiday made up solely to sell greeting cards and chocolates, or the ones who are obsessed with it, give (and expect) way too elaborate and/or expensive gifts and view not getting a valentine's gift as the equivalent of someone saying I hate you, farting in your face, lighting that fart on fire and then spiting on you while your roll around on the ground :lol:

Why so serious guise? Ok, so it's a made up holiday aimed at promoting consumerism, so what? So are a lot of other holidays, not to mention how much of our daily activities and practices are geared to that very same end by corporations and "the powers that be" and we aren't even aware of it... or if we are aware we just don't care. Nobody is actually making you celebrate it. Even if you do feel obligated to buy something for your partner it's not because some evil corporation is giving you an ultimatum, it's because of social convention. Social convention dictates that girls (and guys I guess) expect something from their significant others on valentines, just like it dictates that people expect gifts for their birthdays, weddings, baby showers or what have you. We as people had more of a hand in making such social conventions than any corporation. Besides, it's one day of the year and we are talking about a greeting card and a fucking box of chocolates! Is that so bad? Getting something as symbolic as that once a year? Really?

As for the ones who take it too seriously, take a chill pill. It's a yearly excuse to buy something kinky or have a romantic date, it's not some ultimate test of love and commitment to be passed or failed based on how much money or effort went into buying a gift.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Valentine's 2 years 3 months ago #3020

...with each day as that cursed cupidon is preparing the arrows, my better (and crazier) half is getting more sensitive.
It seems that after almost two years she's even more annoyed by this Valentine bs :unsure:

Yesterday during lunch, when I tried to hide some special trip from her, unaware of it she told me we should go somewhere else. I mean, Im so proud of her. My big girl is immune from the Valentine nonsense. :evil:

Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Max.

Valentine's 2 years 3 months ago #3021

I personally love this holiday, it makes you guys scramble like crazy to do something nice for us. There are two holidays that make you do something nice for girls in your life, for a change, and yet, all you guys do is go about and hate the holidays on social media. I know you are all just trying to guilt us into giving up on this and show how "cool" we are by "hating" the holiday as well.
Two times a year, get of your lazy man buts, buy flowers, chocolates, take us on special dates and be prince charming you pretended to be in the first place to trick us into regular sex.
#angryfeminist #feminazi #boysuck :D

I will not be forgotten This is my time to shine I've got the scars to prove it
Only the strong survive
I'm not afraid of dying Everyone has their time Life never favored weakness
Welcome to the pride

Valentine's 2 years 3 months ago #3022

Im afraid you're referring about bad experiences with lazy douchebags, which is majority of male population.
But let's not poke each other without a proper context...like gender. What about girls who also dislike (not hate) that once-twice emotional circus in a year? Are they also somehow under male hatefull moonspell?
Or they just think the way they like & live? ;)

So, a guy is A guy if he engage (properly) twice a year in bed, shop, table or romantic discourse :dry:
Otherwise he can stink, yawn, fart, jerk the rest of the year but..he bought the flower in Feb. (sins forgiven)

Yup, u lost me dear
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Max.
  • Page: