Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC:

3 years 8 months ago #2837

Last week, on my lunch break at a caf I haunt (no pun intended) within walking distance of work, I spied a couple of young goths a few tables away from mine. Their makeup was stark, clothes over-the-top, and eye-rolls were in full effect not so different than me when I was their age (I wont say just how long ago that was). It was nostalgic and charming to see a modern day version of myself and friends in aeons past. As I sipped the mediocre coffee, I began to think about people like me: the gothlings who grew into adults (who either embraced their dark heritage all along the path or denied that it ever stuck).

Read more...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3 years 8 months ago #2840

Well, it is weird to see someone who is 30+ and a goth but I believe it is weird because we are repeatedly told that it is. Who says that we have to turn to invisible blobs of beige once we pass the certain age? That is bullshit!
But it is kind off sad to see someone who is 30+ in ripped fishnet and smudged makeup, it looks like desperately holding on to fading youth. I believe that everyone can look fabulously goth at any age, and that being over 30 opens up the whole new and more elegant goth styles palette that would look tragically funny on someone in their early 20's. My point being: Don't stop being goth just evolve your style with age and you will always look perfect!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page: