Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Oh, my conservative parents were so wrong: the many benefits of growing up (and staying) goth...

Oh, my conservative parents were so wrong: the many benefits of growing up (and staying) goth... 4 years 8 months ago #1853

Going through a bit of a goth phase, I overheard one of my parents sigh to someone on the other end of the line. Goth phase, I snickered to myself, yeah, theyll see, this is who I really am.

Years into this goth phase, every time I exited my teenage goth bedroom, my latest goth outfit nah, creation! - was met with furrowed parental brows and the pleading look that said, are you really wearing that out? Id double down in my resolve, and meet their look with my own defiant (albeit overly-eyelinered one) that silently said, of course.

Read more...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Oh, my conservative parents were so wrong: the many benefits of growing up (and staying) goth... 4 years 7 months ago #1975

I have never been influenced by any group.
Barely had a time for those who gathered in packs ( metal - punk - rave ).
Thats why I remained open to everyone. Had huge advantage over others in order of broader perspective and tolerance to music genres. Also lifestyle morphed with me.
The article is putting few perspectives in its place. smooth reading.
Thanks
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Max.

Oh, my conservative parents were so wrong: the many benefits of growing up (and staying) goth... 4 years 6 months ago #2153

I was allways part of some team, crowd or movement.
There is nothing wrong in that. Conservative parents dont exist. There are only those who understand and support or the one who doesnt.
My parents were allways in the golden middle and that Im so thankfull to them.
I was able to differ many stuff in people, from inciting offers to lucrative deals.
Im much more prepared for life now. Life that brings many false alarms. :)
  • Page: