Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Steampunk movies

Steampunk movies 3 years 9 months ago #2635

Help me out here folks, I'm looking for any and all movies that could be considered steampunk. They can be anything, dramas or adventure movies, high budget blockbusters or trashy B-list movies... as long as they have a steampunk vibe and look I'll appreciate the suggestion. Specifically, I'm looking for any steampunk gadgets, machines, vehicles or articles of clothing that I can use as inspiration, thus the low bar for quality of the movies, but of course if the movie also happens to be good then all the better ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Steampunk movies 3 years 9 months ago #2638

Film GEEK is HERE :woohoo:
I know a lot of movies like this but I can personally recommend 3 of them:

3. [place] Wild Wild West

2. [place] Three Musketeers (2011)

1. [place] The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Steampunk movies 3 years 9 months ago #2641

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is a classic example. I don't understand why people hate that movie so much, I loved it! It was fun, it had colorful characters and awesome steampunk tech... What more can a girl ask for? ;)

I totaly didn't register Wild Wild West as a steampunk movie when I first watched it, I was too focused on the wild west theme, but looking back now it was steampunk as fuck! The giant spider, Kevin Cleins gadgets, pretty much all of it. Definitvely worth a re watch.

The Three Musketeers? Really? When that movie came out I remember thinking "meh, just another musketeer movie that probably can't come close to The Man in the Iron Mask", but after seeing this trailer I'm downloading it as we speak. :lol:

These are all great suggestions, keep them coming :)

Steampunk movies 3 years 9 months ago #2646

Steampunk, adventures, inventions, drama: Look no more than my personal favorite!

I also adore The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and the movie aged so well!
I will not be forgotten This is my time to shine I've got the scars to prove it
Only the strong survive
I'm not afraid of dying Everyone has their time Life never favored weakness
Welcome to the pride

Steampunk movies 3 years 9 months ago #2650

Has anyone watched The Extraordinary Adventures of Adle Blanc-Sec? I was looking up steampunk movies to suggest on this topic and I stumbled upon this one. I remember a friend mentioning and recommending it years before but I never got around to watching it and completely forgot about it until today. It's french so I don't know how many of you might have seen it but any recommendation from a flesh and blood human is way more valuable to me than a arbitrary rating on the internet

Steampunk movies 3 years 9 months ago #2652

I haven't watched it but I just saw the trailer and while I don't see any steampunky stuff in it I'm sold! It's a Luc Beson movie, who I adore, and it has a sufficiently Victorian vibe that I simply must watch it, french or not :P

Steampunk movies 3 years 9 months ago #2716

Hugo is kinda steampunky plus it's a great movie... and that's coming from a guy who usually doesn't like movies like this :P

Steampunk movies 3 years 8 months ago #2721

Oh, and if anime movies count, I have a few more suggestions :)

Steamboy (vanilla steampunk but a great film and a worthwhile watch)

Shisha no Teikoku (has a much darker feel and is a bit better imho)

I know I've watched a lot more anime with steampunk elements but I tried to keep the suggestions at movies, not long running shows, and at the moment I can't think of anything besides these two :)

Steampunk movies 3 years 8 months ago #2729

:woohoo: Awesome!
They count as far as I'm concerned ;) Thank you for this, I haven't seen either of them!
I know what I'm downloading tonight :P

Steampunk movies 3 years 8 months ago #2733

I just remembered one! :lol:
The City of Lost Children
I remember it being really good and reaaally creepy ;)

• Page: