Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Steampunk in Japan {NIPPON thread}

Steampunk in Japan {NIPPON thread} 3 years 11 months ago #2372

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Just opening this as a casual thread bringing you the news.

In the Land of the Rising Sun, where Steampunk is generally very small due to competition from the large presence of other subcultures (e.g. Gothic Lolita, and many other popular movements), there seems to be a small contingent of people fighting to bring a more pure version of Steampunk into light.

And what better way to bring Steampunk to the masses than to simply organize a Steampunk Walk/Crawl in the streets of Tokyo? EDIT: The walk was organised under the Tokyo Steampunk Society supervision.

My contact with them is non existent, but I will try to gather more information from them (there were rumours they might visit Europe and old continent), maybe I can get them to participate in the forum and bring first accounts on the state of the movement in Japan and their activities:

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Steampunk in Japan {NIPPON thread} 3 years 11 months ago #2382

Why wouldnt they have steampunk crowd? Ive never heard such paradox that in country with plethora of contrasts, one is missing. :blink:

so they organised a protest rally to make some statement or just a show off parade?

Steampunk in Japan {NIPPON thread} 3 years 10 months ago #2469

I wonder if anyone heard about asian artist from Hong Kong, that worked for many japanese steampunk parties.
James Ng is masterfull with his representation of steampunk in Asia.

He is working all across Asia continent for many steampunk societies, japanese mostly.

• Page: