Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Symbols in steampunk?

Symbols in steampunk? 4 years 6 hours ago #2130

I wanted to craft some steampunk bags and accessories and I ended up searching for symbols used in steampunk.
I need a bit of help with what is acceptable and what is not and now that everything is mixed up with damn goth spiders and infinity symbols are just everywhere!
Would the Infinity Symbol be even considered or used in Steampunk imagery?
I know that everything oldtimey nautical and pirate like is perfect. Tentacles, old maps, compasses, nautical windows, sea monsters...
Also steam powered industrial revolution cogs, brass and mechanics...
But what else is there?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Symbols in steampunk? 3 years 11 months ago #2143

What else? I believe you mentioned almost everything.
Ive seen that people add a dash of steampunkish flavour to everything just by dosing copper color to anything.
I will not mention cogs anyhow becouse its mandatory.

Infinity is not so present as much as Cthulhu for example.
If I were you I would start lurking on Eldritch horor forums becouse of many design roots established there thus transfered to Steampunk. And go with Insignias which are mostly made of many elements or symbols. ;)

Symbols in steampunk? 3 years 11 months ago #2147

Spider webs and spider in general can look amazing steampunked ( i think I just invented a word :D ) to look mechanical or like a lace. On the other hand anything copper colored and made to look mechanical will look steampunk...
Am I right, sir Ironlord?

Symbols in steampunk? 3 years 11 months ago #2313

I would try some modern references in steampunk style if I was you :D Like steampunked (I adore the word :D ) Adventure Time :D

Symbols in steampunk? 3 years 11 months ago #2370

@LadySelene...preety much yes. But those spiders and silky threads can only add some gloomy spin to allready preset Steampunk decor.
  • Page: