Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fucked up album covers

Fucked up album covers 4 years 3 months ago #2744

Share your "favorite" album cover atrocities here :evil:
They can be plain bad, too grisly or just wtf, as long as they are something that makes you go "dude, that's fucked up!" :P

I've seen more than my fare share of terrible album covers over the years but the one for Pantera's first album will always be what comes to mind first.

Recently, a friend who is a hardcore Pantera fan saw it for the first time and he was visibly crushed :lol:
He got bummed out because he never heard of that album of theirs but it was the cover that really got to him... it was hilarious!!! :lol:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fucked up album covers 4 years 3 months ago #2749

Hahaha! That's just sad :(
It's like a kindergartner drew it :P

The most wtf album cover I've seen is by the aptly named Nigel Pepper Cock. I'm putting it in a spoiler box because it's NSFW... If you haven't already guessed by the name, there is a penis involved :lol:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Fucked up album covers 4 years 3 months ago #2752

Ok, wow! I really didn't need to see that :P

This one is so terrible it gives Swedish metal a bad name :lol:

Fucked up album covers 4 years 3 months ago #2753

Haahahaha! I think I saw this picture before but never knew it was for a band :lol: :lol:
You might just have blown my Pantera cover out of the water :P

Thank you for the reference though, the band is actually pretty decent. Old school heavy metal :evil:

Fucked up album covers 4 years 3 months ago #2756

I was just shown an album cover that literally made me say what the fuck out loud, so I think it's appropriate as hell for this thread :P
It's a cover for that one band that not many people will know the name of, but that absolutely everybody will recognize once they hear their most famous song...

You all know that song, right? :lol:
Now, let me ask you, would any of you associate that upbeat, happy sounding song and the band performing it with this album cover?

NSFW
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

...yeah, didn't think so :P
Turns out, contrary to popular belief, Chumbawamba actually made more than that one song, they had whole albums even :lol:
More importantly, according to the internet, they are considered anarcho-punkers, which may explain their cover art a bit, but is still not enough for me to reconcile the image in question with that song we all know and love :lol:

Fucked up album covers 4 years 3 months ago #2758

Hahaha! That is fucked up :lol:
Of course I know that song and OF COURSE I would never imagine a cover such as that for a band like them! :)
I got so curious after reading your post that I had to listen to some of their other stuff (specifically from the album you posted). I was half expecting it to be some trashy garage punk or generally something more extreme than what they are best known for... you know, like some bands can have an extreme sounding early career but then get famous because of the one song they make that is popy and appeals to the masses.
Nope... it sounds pretty much the same. The songs on that album (the one with a fucking baby's head sticking out of a vagina, in case you forgot) are perhaps even more mild than Thubthumping... what with that female vocal and mellow tunes... It's insane :lol:

Fucked up album covers 4 years 3 months ago #2769

Another humble contribution :lol:

It won't embed the image for some reason but you can look at it here

I can't even begin to analyze this one and how terrible it is :P

Fucked up album covers 4 years 3 months ago #2776

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It's not like black metal album covers are works of art in general but I've always been fascinated by just how horrifyingly bad they can turn out. I also keep wondering if they do it on purpose? Do try their hardest to make it as bad as humanly possible? If they do, I can only ask... in the name of all that is (un)holy, WHY?!?!?!?
  • Page: