Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anything typically 'Goth' that you refuse to wear?

Anything typically 'Goth' that you refuse to wear? 3 years 5 months ago #2525

I'm in the process of revamping my wardrobe and there are a few things that I have deemed not appropriate for myself. That is not to say that others can't enjoy them, but for me they wouldn't work and would make me feel like an adult trying to be a teen. There are other things that I have never liked that are on the list.
Is there anything typically considered 'goth' by many that you won't wear because it's not right for you?
Respect others pls. ;)

Bondage stuff...
This includes anything with spikes or straps. I'm 42 and wearing any of that stuff would make me look like a teen trying to find themselves.

New Rock boots
I have never liked them and have never owned a pair. I think they are as ugly as sin.

Corsets
There isn't a club within a hundred miles of me, and even if there was one I wouldn't go to it. That is the only kind of place I could wear one to.

Ripped cloths
Again, I don't think ripping my clothing is age appropriate for me. On me it would just look tacky and not 'edgy'.

Unhealthy make-up
I only usually have smokey black eyes and some sort of light to medium lipstick on. Since I'm older I only put eyeliner on my upper lid. I DON'T wear foundation or powder. It's just not worth the effort.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anything typically 'Goth' that you refuse to wear? 3 years 5 months ago #2539

Great topic! I have noticed you are constricting yourself a lot based on your age, don't do that, please! It is ok not to feel good in something, but age should never be an issue to be fabulous (or wear a corset) :D #Girlpower :D
But, get on with the list:

Corsets
I love how they look and I own more corsets than I would like to admit. But I just end up pushing them deeper and deeper into my closet. So uncomfortable :(

Stiletto heals
Same as corsets, I adore how they look but I value my comfort to much :D Bid chunky heels are my choice :D

Victorian outfits
To much costume-like for me.

Anything typically 'Goth' that you refuse to wear? 3 years 5 months ago #2547

I completely understand you BiSxeps, I'm a lot younger than you but I also feel that some stuff is just too much after a certain age. Extreme makeup and clothing is cool if you are a kid or a rock star :P

New Rock boots
I always hated high platform boots, since I'm naturally tall I constantly felt like some alien or slenderman when I would wear them, not to mention unsteady. Of course I owned two pairs because one does not simply be a goth without having some platform boots :lol:

Bondage stuff
In my younger days I wore a lot of spikes and tight straps but I never liked those loose straps. You know, the ones that kind of look like an unbuttoned straitjacket or one of those Indian style fringe jackets :lol: I wouldn't be caught dead wearing those

Anything typically 'Goth' that you refuse to wear? 3 years 5 months ago #2588

Tried to handle those full face masks that my friend gave me. She's a rivethead and I turned her down for that.
I simply cant breathe underneath it. :sick:

gas mask girls are no go for me

Anything typically 'Goth' that you refuse to wear? 3 years 5 months ago #2589

I refuse most goth outfits :D I simpley don't have time or nerves to do my hair, makeup, pick clothes.... Not because of my age but because of my personality. I'm just too chill and value comfort :D
I love everything goth and I own so much goth stuff but almost never wear it :(
I will not be forgotten This is my time to shine I've got the scars to prove it
Only the strong survive
I'm not afraid of dying Everyone has their time Life never favored weakness
Welcome to the pride

Anything typically 'Goth' that you refuse to wear? 3 years 5 months ago #2591

I refuse to wear bondage stuff, just not for me...
It is cool on photos and videos but I'm not a musician nor a model... In person, it just looks cheap...

Anything typically 'Goth' that you refuse to wear? 2 years 8 months ago #2993

I dress quite casually in everyday life (I mostly go to work and than home :D) and some things I have mostly for photoshoots and really special ocassions - corsets, platform and heel boots, big skirts and the fancy dresses. But...

Teased hair
I like it on pictures...but I never really liked to do it on myself. :D I like straight hair..sadly I have to iron mine :D

Winklepickers
I just dont like spiky shoes - never have and probably never will. Since I remember I loved round shoes. :D

Anything typically 'Goth' that you refuse to wear? 2 years 7 months ago #2999

Woa, I get that you might feel some of thore are age inappropriate, but I hope it's because you think so, not because you think society would look down on you for it^^

If I had to name my things, I guess theres a few that come up:
False Lases:
Oh my, are they a pest to put on?! for photoshoots maybe, but for everyday, no way

Tight bottomwear:
As a woman of curves, I can nt have the tight bottoms such as skinnyjeans, and they also make me feel like a blob walking on two pins:'D
See if you can catch me online: www.twitch.tv/vanderstorme

Anything typically 'Goth' that you refuse to wear? 2 years 7 months ago #3006

Corsets - pretty, but I admire them on other girls. I cannot get used to the hindered movement and breathing.
Also - full makeup. Too lazy for that. Eyeliner, some eye-shadow and concealer is all I bother with.

Anything typically 'Goth' that you refuse to wear? 2 years 7 months ago #3008

Lilith Vanderstorme wrote:
False Lases:
Oh my, are they a pest to put on?! for photoshoots maybe, but for everyday, no way

Tight bottomwear:
As a woman of curves, I can nt have the tight bottoms such as skinnyjeans, and they also make me feel like a blob walking on two pins:'D

I hear ya! I always manage to glue my eyelids together :D And my ass does not fit in any tight bottoms, I look like a potato :D
I will not be forgotten This is my time to shine I've got the scars to prove it
Only the strong survive
I'm not afraid of dying Everyone has their time Life never favored weakness
Welcome to the pride
  • Page: