Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why are all the MMO's Dying? Seriously!

Why are all the MMO's Dying? Seriously! 3 years 8 months ago #2584

I woke up and saw this journalistic bullshit of an article :ohmy:

www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/why-are...the-mmos-dying.html/

I think there are some interesting points, and even a nod to current statistics about SWTOR and Destiny. Perhaps a large part of traditional MMO decline is the saturation of the genre. Not to mention how many similarities there are between games these days.

Can it be? That all of those numbers really mean some MMO damnation? MOBA's really? :angry:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why are all the MMO's Dying? Seriously! 3 years 8 months ago #2585

The whole article is bursting with non credited assumptions and numbers that every serious gamers knows.
First article that touched this topic so deep. ;)

Why are all the MMO's Dying? Seriously! 3 years 8 months ago #2586

They are probably dying because they all have turned into a routine of grinding daily quests to progress.Reminds me of my job that doesn't get you any money not to mention satisfaction. :dry:
One day you realise that you can't bring yourself to run that dungeon for the 'N'th time and you just quit.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Difoist.

Why are all the MMO's Dying? Seriously! 3 years 7 months ago #2600

No dispute about this. There is no known MMO title I havent played. do you know what have I noticed?
Mass depravation and nerfing the gaming community with some transition calls of noobish gamers.
I dont have a problem about younger & better but its really hard to find that.
Older game freaks are hittin harder, while avoiding irritating nobz :angry:

probaly the BEST example of this hard fact is EVE online. WIth die hard fans switching gladly to arena.
Not only becouse virtual need or curiosity but for sheer skirmish rush

Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by ChickY.

Why are all the MMO's Dying? Seriously! 3 years 7 months ago #2623

I wouldn't say that MMOs are dying. Sure, their zenith might be behind them but they are still slowly and steadily trudging along. Now if you are talking about the fact that new MMOs can't get a foothold on the market because of Blizzards domination of the field that is a different matter entirely. WoW is always going to be my first and biggest love but even I sometimes get frustrated that other MMOs can't seem to get enough traction and are forced to shut down after a few years. Even in the best case, when such games endure, they just don't have enough players and, because of that, don't have the incentive to put out expansions or any kind of new content. In my own perfect world, every MMO would be thriving with millions of users so that if you get bored with raiding Ulduar you can always hop on over to SWTOR for some lightsaber fun or to the siege of Altdorf or whatever. Aaaah... that would be glorious indeed :cheer:
  • Page: