Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Your music or game music, while playing?

Your music or game music, while playing? 2 years 10 months ago #2413

When playing games do you listen to music that is in the video game or do you mute it and play your own songs?
i leave game stuff, mostly :unsure:

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Your music or game music, while playing? 2 years 10 months ago #2415

Depends on the game, if it's a high action fps where I need to pay attention to surrounding sounds or an rpg with a lot of voice acting then I keep all the sounds in game, but most of the time, when I play games I've played before or no brain necessary stuff like Diablo I listen to my own playlists of mostly metal music.

Your music or game music, while playing? 2 years 10 months ago #2420

As I'm mostly playing World of Warcraft I love to listen to its in-game music, esp the zones composed by Jason Hayes. It is really something special, and I suspect the bckg music is largely responsible for WoW's addictiveness.
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Vannkira.

Your music or game music, while playing? 2 years 10 months ago #2423

on my soundblaster FX there is option where I can mask one sound channel with other . Like to connect PC player with Game sounds. Few time it was good becouse if you put the right thing you can get awesome mix. :woohoo:

Your music or game music, while playing? 2 years 10 months ago #2425

to violate any game art such as music no matter how awfull(except those for snes), is a bad thing to do.
I could never do that.

Your music or game music, while playing? 2 years 10 months ago #2437

I almost never listen to music outside of the game I'm playing. I just can't pay attention to both. Either I'm paying attention to the sounds of the game and then outside music is wasted on me 'cause it's basically background white noise, or I focus on the music and stop to appreciate it but then I miss all kinds of stuff in the game. The only video games I listen music to (and even then rarely) are, like Marek mentioned, stuff I've played through before (like Diablo or Fallout 3) or turn based games where staying alert and reacting to in game sounds doesn't matter (most frequently any of the Heroes of Might and Magic games).

Your music or game music, while playing? 2 years 10 months ago #2443

sometimes I need other sounds beside game. Only settings are pain in the ass. Volume up, volume down...
Everybody knows that some games sucks bad with audio :side:

Your music or game music, while playing? 2 years 10 months ago #2446

Yeah ok. it allways differs.
if someone still plays during games I can share this stuff. Allways helped in dynamic FPS games.

Rip it off from youtube if your game doesnt need internet connection. Really epic compilation. ;)

Your music or game music, while playing? 2 years 10 months ago #2456

I always listen to the music inside the game, usually it can tell me wtf is going on around me and it adds to the atmosphere. Sometimes I wish my life had some background music, I would know what am I doing or is the dragon about to jump around the corner :)
And by dragon I mean bills and adult life :)
I will not be forgotten This is my time to shine I've got the scars to prove it
Only the strong survive
I'm not afraid of dying Everyone has their time Life never favored weakness
Welcome to the pride

Your music or game music, while playing? 2 years 10 months ago #2473

It seems I am in the minority here because I always listen to music outside of games. I have a few playlists specifically for that reason. I have a playlist called Civ with chill music for playing Civilization or other slow paced strategies, I have one with up beat hard and heavy music for fps and other action packed games, I have one with epic instrumentals like the compilation MachoGrila posted and sometimes I just play what I feel like.
  • Page: