Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Which MMO gave you the most hours of enjoyment?

Which MMO gave you the most hours of enjoyment? 3 years 8 months ago #2309

Is there any game or platform that you keep playing and wishfully returning to?
I know that single player games with storybased campaigns can be captivating, but is there any Online favourite title that makes you turn on your PC or console in the midle of night or several months after you finished it?

You wouldnt believe that Im huge fan of Savage...
Every time I played this game in LAN / Online, I forgot about time.
Sessions lasted over 10h. :woohoo:

Few more games I can mention like:
WOW
Lineage
Morrowind
Gothic 2
Icewind Dale Series
Ravenloft
NWN
Diablo 2
Ragnarok Online

What about others? OK ok , it doesnt have to be MMO but try ffs ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Which MMO gave you the most hours of enjoyment? 3 years 8 months ago #2322

I wanted to point out that a bunch of the games you mentioned aren't MMOs but then read your last sentence so I guess there is some leeway in what games we mention.

I always was, always will be a single player gamer first and foremost and if I do play multiplayer it's mainly LAN sessions with close friends. But, having said that, I did play a few MMOs and other types of online multiplayer games. If we are talking about most hours spent playing a game online it would be HoN (Heroes of Newerth), a MOBA that followed in the footsteps of Dota and is incidentally developed by the same people and set in the same world as Savage. Me and my friends played that shit like crazy in our local LAN gaming center because it was really fun to play in the same room and it was the only real alternative to the original Dota... Dota 2 still wasn't out yet and League of Legends sucks donkey balls.

If we are talking about most enjoyment gotten from an online game it would have to be WaR (Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning). As a huuuuge Warhammer fan, buying that game was a no brainer for me. It's actually the only MMO I paid money for. Unfortunately I couldn't afford paying the subscription on a regular basis and eventually the game community petered out until the whole thing was shut down a couple of years ago. I'll never forget that game, it was my only true MMO experience :(

Which MMO gave you the most hours of enjoyment? 3 years 8 months ago #2367

I've been playing Lineage 2, Guild Wars 2 and SWTOR for some time, but the only MMO I've been coming back to since 2009 is Aion. A nice, helpful and polite community, astonishing design and the ability to fly for the glory of your race is what made me come back over and over. I still play it. So, if anyone is on NA server Siel, feel free to apply to my legion, Ar Feiniel, if you need ingame help or just wanna raid together :)

Which MMO gave you the most hours of enjoyment? 3 years 8 months ago #2374

I was really into WoW for a couple of years... and I mean REALLY into it... like that South Park episode level of into it :lol:
After I got over my obsession a bit I still kept coming back to it periodically but then somewhere between Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria I gave up for good. My enthusiasm faded over the years, a lot of my friends stopped playing and I just couldn't get over kung fu pandas. A movie franchise is enough, I don't want no stinking pandas in my video games too :angry:
  • Page: