Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Favourite Space sim. game

Favourite Space sim. game 3 years 8 months ago #2253

So many good games, coming out of so many universes...and so little time to explore them all!!!

For the last 10years or so I didnt have the need to touch my joystick :cheer: It's trusty Cyborg2000.
Quickly down the timeline, in 2014-15 games were starting to blimp on my radar.
Finally I was getting some chatter from many space sim people that are serious about this.
Am I too happy about few titles and are they enough to justify my need for explosions in vacuum & debris?

I feel its still not game over for space opera gameplay. That rejoices me so much. :P

From veteran developers and visionaries like Chris Roberts [Wing Commander saga] and Acornsoft's epic ELITE, comes reloaded games, like reborn stars, in packages of bleeding edge graphics & effects. These two have left the bigest impact on my hull of childhood.
We can speak about them all the time becouse there is so much (justified) hype around them.
BUT is that all?

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Here Im begging you to help me locate other space_sim games. Just follow my distress beacon. :dry:
It doesnt matter which platform it is [indie, demo, console, mobile...] or who is publishing.
Show me anything that gets your afterburner on :evil:

Several titles such as Evochron Legacy / Into the Stars / Everspace are allready at my fingertips. :P
So if anyone has some personal feedback from this games so far? any comment.? Comms are open ;)

Thx everyone in advance for helping me build up new top chart of space sims, together.
:evil: Watch your six :evil:
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Lumpenstinzkin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Space race are gamers! Accept or Eject 3 years 8 months ago #2259

ARE YOU SERIOUS ? U named so much of those AAA titles and didnt mention Homeworld.
Its remastered also in 4k, new systems and ingame mechanics, units. etc etc.

Maybe its not cockpit junkie or friendly but no other space opera saga is larger than this.
13 generations proves it B) Join or Die
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Surge.

Space race are gamers! Accept or Eject 3 years 8 months ago #2261

That awkvard feeling that I'm preparing myself for disappointment because of hope that Stellaris will be the best space game since Homeworld. And I mean the original one, from 1999 I used to play with my dad :D

Space race are gamers! Accept or Eject 3 years 8 months ago #2266

Please! EVE Valkyrie will blow all of those games out of the water. I have a bunch of friends here who are massive EVE fans and they couldn't be more excited. Even I am getting a bit antsy and I don't even like space sims or any game where driving is the main focus for that matter. Because, if you ask me, the fact that it's specifically made with VR technology in mind is going to be a game changer.

Space race are gamers! Accept or Eject 3 years 8 months ago #2270

I don't think I've ever played a space simulator in my entire life but I did play this old flying game called Flying Heroes and damn was that fun! You rode around on giant birds, dragons, airships and even flying teakettles, you had four factions each with it's own strengths and weaknesses (for example the bird riders had the fastest mounts while the dwarfs with their zeppelins were the slowest but the toughest), you had a bunch of magical weapons... what more could you ask for?! :lol:

I know it's old and looks like it's being run on a potato, and I know it's technically not a space game but it's the closest thing I felt I could contribute with :blush:

Space race are gamers! Accept or Eject 3 years 8 months ago #2298

@Aaron EVE Valkyrie is hyped in outer space on Rift propulsion.
All fame and arcade game. nothing more, nothing less.

Also try to play that game on that VR settings and you will discover that adrenalin is pumping not becouse of fast gameplay but becouse of amount of cash that you need to spill out before you crank it. :S All that facts are pushing me away from triple A stuff like that. Eve on other hand is my sanctuary for long time.

@LadyStellaris, if I may baptise you, is right. I can relate to that statement.
I appologise to LAdy S (cool callsign) for this oversight.
Stellaris is deep strategic game, with enormous alien race lineup and storytelling. Interstellar exploration must be stelar :P as you traverse, discover, interact and learn from multitude of species that you can encounter. A PvE heaven, with diplomacy shift, such as assasination and seduction. Lady likes it? :evil:

Space race are gamers! Accept or Eject 3 years 8 months ago #2299

Aahahahaha :lol: Ghazghkull WINS. Not only thats not space but the whole realm is...medieval?!
Quake-ish effects and flying makes it bearable and more prone to space.
Ill try not to laugh anymore but Ghazghkull need to load some serious sim.

Not to hard and not to easy and still to have that humming noise of ion engines. mmmm music to my ears.
Something like Eterium.
It will not suck your wallet and blood pressure becouse it has that 90'ish engine. Its 3D space sim allright.
Briefing ( as I remember :silly: ) two good factions vs one evil. You play pivotal role against Ravi bad guys.
This game is made to be hommage for Wind Commander and X-Wing, so you can nearly feel that origin space rush. I LOVED MIDI tracks and effects ingame.

Its Indie, its cheap, its yours gateway to space sim. ;)

Space race are gamers! Accept or Eject 3 years 8 months ago #2306

Yeah, I don't begrudge you your reaction. Like I said, I know it's not a space sim but it is the closest thing I've played.

As for EVE Valkyrie, why do you say that Lump? I don't play space sims so I don't know what one looks for in a game like that but all the clips and screenshots of Valkyrie I've seen so far seem pretty much the same as for all the other games you mentioned (except for Homeworld). I agree about VR tech being too expensive for now but I'm looking forward to that, hopefully near, future where VR goggles are going to be as affordable as any other gaming accessory like a game controler or a fancy keyboard or mouse. When that happens VR goggles aren't going to be a gimmick anymore but a staple of all gaming, at least that is my hope :)

Space race are gamers! Accept or Eject 3 years 8 months ago #2328

Anyone played Ares Rising?
Some of you maybe didnt have a chance becouse you were not born :lol:

But this stuff I played about 6 years after it went and it really is filled with space attitude.
Like Max Payne in space but much more darker. AI was briliant for that pre Y2K timeline.

• Page: