Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Are UV tattoo inks safe?

Are UV tattoo inks safe? 3 years 9 months ago #2290

UV ink started gaining popularity in the 90's when all the raves started. I see now that there was not much improvement...

Digital tattoos, would be the best thing ever, especially if they have some sort of function... But if are they are "just" animated like in 40K I am getting one!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Are UV tattoo inks safe? 3 years 9 months ago #2365

Digital? you mean some kind of new implementation?
Now when you said it, what do you think Scarlett, does 3D machinery helps?

Maybe the ink level and dilution can be calibrated with more precision and skin dosage. :dry:

Are UV tattoo inks safe? 3 years 9 months ago #2376

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
This is so cool!!!
I guess this is some sort of prototype but if something like this could be refined and perfected so that it can apply tattoos to any part of the body that would be the shit!
I respect a tattoo artists personal style and if they are working together with the customer to design a tattoo then you don't need this, but if you have a particular design in mind, like something you drew yourself or just something you found on the net or wherever, then this magical device would completely eliminate the risk of human error. I'm all for stuff like this.

As for Digital tattoos Tumang, Scarlett knows what I mean. I don't mean digital implementation, which is basically what happens in the clip you posted, but a digital tattoo. If you pay attention to my last post you can see that silicon or whatever mesh that is surgically implanted under your skin which you can then program to display any design you can think of. Although Scarlett and me are probably fantasizing about a step further :lol: Namely digital tattoos that can cover the whole body, glow, change color and even move. Amirite? :lol:

Are UV tattoo inks safe? 3 years 8 months ago #2403

Scarlett your first thought when digital tattoos were mentioned was 40K, my first thought was Shadowrun :lol:
In the Sixth World you have not only the kind of digital tattoos Aaron mentioned (glowing, changing, moving etc.) but also Augmented Reality tattoos that can only be seen by people wearing AR glasses, and all kinds of other awesome stuff like electronic dreadlocks that can also go from glowing bright neon green to being black with tiny lights shining like stars in the night sky to everything inbetween. Fuck! I really want to live in a cyberpunk world like that!
Come on scientists, shape up! Where are the flying cars, cybernetic eyes and strength boosting exoskeletons I was promised?!?! :angry:

Are UV tattoo inks safe? 3 years 4 months ago #2879

IS a UV Tattoo visable in normal light ?

Are UV tattoo inks safe? 3 years 4 months ago #2883

I don't have any firsthand experience but I've seen photos where they're completely invisible, I've seen photos where you can clearly see them and I've seen some where you can faintly make them out. The best solution I've seen so far is UV tats that complement a regular tattoo... UV highlights and the like.
Although, before considering UV tattoos, you should read what was already written on this thread or do some research yourself because they are not really 100% safe ;)

Are UV tattoo inks safe? 3 years 3 months ago #2894

It depends of how good is the artist and how well it healed... Some are visible as faint scares, some look like white blobs on the skin and some are almost invisible in the normal light... There is a ton of articles on the topic but I would love to get a tattoo artist's opinion on this.

Are UV tattoo inks safe? 3 years 3 months ago #2895

I have a friend with a UV tattoo and her tat is pretty much invisible in indoor lighting. Only in direct sunlight on a bright day can you see faint outlines of it. I don't know about safety though, she hasn't had any problems so far... at least not any that she shared with me :lol:

Are UV tattoo inks safe? 3 years 3 months ago #2903

I've always wanted a UV tattoo (or any tattoo for that matter) but my skin is so sensitive, being a typical pale skinned brit, that I'm afraid a normal tattoo might cause complications for me, let alone one that isn't 100% safe as it is :(

Are UV tattoo inks safe? 3 years 1 month ago #2964

You shouldn't worry about the consequences or something 'cause the UV tats are safe now. The task for u is to find a good,, no, a GOOD artist cause it's really difficult to work with UV ink. Such tats are more unique and impressing than the ordinary ones and I want to do one, but not now. I think in a year or so I'll have one.
I'm looking for sketches in internet, like this site: tattoozza.com

Haven't found anything perfect for me yet, but I think I soon will
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Smith777.