Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Steampunk video games

Steampunk video games 2 years 10 months ago #2727

What are some good steampunk video games?
I know I've seen elements of steampunk in games here and there but I can't think of any that I would explicitly call a steampunk video game, help me out :lol:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Steampunk video games 2 years 10 months ago #2728

If you ask me the be-all and end-all of steampunk games would have to be Arcanum. It's old but it's awesome! :lol:
If you've played things like Planescape Torment or Baldur's Gate you'll know what kind of game it is, a standard isometric view rpg except it's steampunk af :P
Plus, there are no classes per se so you can get things like a necromancer sporting a flamethrower or a fullplated knight with a blunderbuss :lol:

Steampunk video games 2 years 10 months ago #2737

Look no further than Dishonored! It has an awesome gritty steampunk setting, it has amazing gameplay, it's just a great game all-around! At least to me it was :lol:

Also, there's a sequel coming out this year so there's that to look forward to ;)

Steampunk video games 2 years 10 months ago #2739

Fuck yeah! How could I forget Dishonored! :lol: It went uncontested as my absolute favorite game of 2012.
I played through the first one twice in a row, which is something I don't usually do... First on the "good" path (maximum stealth, only nonlethal take downs etc.) and then on the "evil" one (killing anything and everything that crossed my path :evil: ). Now I'm so stoked about Dishonored 2! Can't wait!!! :woohoo:

Steampunk video games 2 years 10 months ago #2746

Would Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite be considered steampunk? I think they maybe fall into diesel punk more but to me that's close enough :lol:

Steampunk video games 2 years 9 months ago #2834

Good game

Steampunk video games 2 years 8 months ago #2853

I spent my summer holiday completely ignoring the beach (or the whole outside world for that matter :lol: ) and just playing this with my cousin

Possibly the best steampunk game I've ever played ;)

Steampunk video games 2 years 8 months ago #2858

That looks bloody awesome! How the hell did I miss it?

Oh...

Now I see. It's PS4 exclusive :(

Steampunk video games 2 years 7 months ago #2908

Syberia is older game but interesting adventure with nice story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syberia
"An adornment is generally an accessory or ornament worn to enhance the beauty or status of the wearer."
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Nomen.

Steampunk video games 2 years 7 months ago #2909

Does American Alice counts as steampunk?
I have seen a lot of steampunk mobile games lately, specially those hidden object games....
  • Page: